Sunday, November 23, 2014

'Twas the Day Before Nothing...

Just a quick little poem that I felt like writing as I watch my children play and spend a lazy morning at home. 
 
'Twas the day before nothing, when all through the house
There were no plans or activities, except for my poor working spouse
Three children were playing an entertaining game
It's one of our favorites, Quirkle is the name
 As they sat on the floor telling the littlest what was right and wrong
They all were humming and singing a popular song
As "Let it Go!" sounded to my happy ears
I felt content for the moment watching my dears
 The kids were in shorts on this chilly fall day
I sat on the sofa still wearing my pj's
A day full of nothing is such a rare jewel
Though I may be missing mass made me feel like a fool
 The relaxing will have to cease at some point today
As we begin to clean and put the fall decorations away
For it is time to bring the boxes up the stairs
So the Christmas decorations can be placed everywhere
For now I will enjoy this moment of nothingness
For time like this is fleeting, most days are filled with stress
Thus this day before nothing will be happy, a ball
And I wish a very happy nothing Sunday to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment