Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Happy Birthday to my 2nd Born

I think you were stubborn from the get go, from the time you entered the womb.

When you were supposed to be head down, preparing for birth, you remained firmly with that head pointed upward.  You liked it where you were.   So we went to the doctor and they manually shifted that body for you.  (ouch for me!)

You remained stubborn.  Your due date came and went as I patiently waited to meet you. 

Finally, nearly two weeks later, my body decided it was time to kick you out of your cozy home.  Labor began.  You, however, remained stubborn.  Hour after hour passed.  Pain after pain came.  The doctor didn't feel optimistic about the way labor was progressing. 

We finally gave up.  It was time for you to come out into the world.  So a C-section it was. 

Stubborn or not, you were beautiful. 

You still are.

Happy Birthday Liam. 

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment