Friday, November 21, 2014

The Good Stuff Does NOT Include Health Insurance

The world of medical bills is unbelievable.  '
 
When I was a child or even a college student, health insurance was something you could depend upon.
 
 My parents often had to worry about finances.  My dad was a farmer in the 1980's.  Money was often tight. 

Yet, through my father's employer, we had excellent health coverage.  My parents could go to the doctor or send us to the doctor if something was wrong. No financial worries.  It was covered.
Then there is life in the year 2014 and the medical world, health insurance stuff, it all sucks. 
 
First of all, my husband's company provides insurance that is not actually insurance.  we pay in monthly, but guess what we can do?  we can go to a well visit once a year.  THAT IS IT.  i'm not sure why we are even paying.  If I am sick, I cannot go to the doctor.  PERIOD. 

WE currently have medical bills out the ying yang.
 
my children have good coverage that we pay a monthly premium into the state.  we received a letter today that our monthly bill is going up by nearly $300 .  Yes, $300 per month. 
 
just in time for Christmas. 
 
Makes me want to say the F word. 

No comments:

Post a Comment