Sunday, November 23, 2014

Some Much Needed Yoga!

Vehicle restrictions have made trips to the gym impossible this week.  I had high hopes of doing yoga at home, but it just didn't happen.  Tuesday morning was my last time to make it to Yoga class. 

Finally, today, my dear friend Mary drove me to one of my favorite classes.  The male instructor is probably in his sixties.  He wears his long hair in a ponytail and his clothes definitely make me think "hippie."  His classes are tough, but not too tough.  (sheepish grin) I sort of tricked my friend into the class by not telling her it was "advanced."  But seriously, I did his advanced class for my second class ever and was able to keep up. 

That's the great thing about yoga is that you can do as much as you can do.  If something is difficult, then change the pose. 

My body felt so incredibly tight today as though I had lost all flexibility in the short five days since my last class. 

Oh I do hope to some day be doing yoga every single day.  I do hope to get motivated enough to do it at home on the days that I cannot make it to the gym because often it is just too hard to get to the gym. 

I have done it at home a few times.  It's never the same. 

But yoga makes me feel good!  I feel both physically and mentally better when I am doing it!  The time spent in that class is so beneficial.  It helps my anxiety, it helps my mood. 

Now, back to the whole stuck at home without a car thing.  I'm hoping to go Tuesday evening after my husband returns from work if he gets home in time.  That's the question:  will he?

No comments:

Post a Comment