Thursday, April 26, 2012

My kids like ramen noodles... GASP!

Ok all you health nuts out there, go ahead and smack me.... (verbally, since we are just here online). My kids like, no actually, they LOVE ramen noodles. They request them (and receive them) about once per week. I know that there are a LOT more healthy options out there. However, my kids eat healthy most of the time. And truth be told, I like the effect that ramen noodles have on my wallet.

Anyway, sometimes I eat them with them. Occasionally, they sound kind of tasty to me as well. Not that often though. I had plenty of ramen during college. Sometimes I try to doctor them up though in order to make them more tasty.

  Here's what I did today & I must say that it was a hit. And even I LOVED them.... 1 package shredded carrots 1 small onion Coconut oil Approx. 1 T of peanut butter Lime Juice Fresh Cilantro 6 packages of Beef Ramen Saute the carrots & onion in the coconut oil. Add the cooked noodles, lime juice, seasoning packets, fresh cilantro. Voila! This seriously tasted like something from Noodles & Co (our family favorite!)

1 comment:

  1. My kids LOVE them too!!! So I will not virtually smack you! ;) But I will, however, be trying your spin on them in the near future!!

    ReplyDelete