Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I, Melinda Jill, take you, Patrick, to be my husband.

"I, Melinda Jill, take you, Patrick, to be my husband. I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honor you all the days of my life."
Today is the anniversary of my marriage to my perfect husband. I'm not saying he is "perfect" perfect because let's face it, none of us are perfect. However, I know that God chose Patrick as my husband and he is perfect for me. We have faced many ups and downs during our marriage. I honestly believe we have come out stronger.

 Marriage is a sacament.

When Patrick and I married at St. Mary of the Angels Catholic Church in Chicago 13 years ago, God joined us and the two became ONE. Without the grace that God has given our marriage, it would have been easy at times to let the "bad" overcome us. I'm so thankful for the Faith that Patrick brought to our home, to our marriage. He has shown me how important it is to turn to God, to pray "all the days of our lives".... Not just in the bad or the sickness, but in the good and in health. I think how much richer our marriage is because of our faith. I think of the example that we are providing for our children. I pray that they go out into the world and find a spouse who shares their faith, who will share the foundation that will strengthen their lives and their marriages. 13 years ago, dressed in white, filled with a nervous happiness, I walked down that aisle, Trumpet Voluntary playing, on the arm of my Dad. There at the end of that LONG aisle (St. Mary of the Angels is a BIG church) stood my best friend, my biggest cheerleader, and the husband that I thank God for every day. I can't really put into words just how blessed I am to have him. But I am SO, SO, SO truly, truly, truly blessed. I am so thankful that I get to spend my life with him. I love you Patrick.

No comments:

Post a Comment