Tuesday, May 8, 2012

It's a Pasta Salad Time of Year

I almost took a picture of my lunch today because it looked so yummy & pretty. I should have. I didn't realize I would be writing a post. The more I thought about it though, I thought, "Dang, I should share that simple, delicious recipe"....

  This is the time of year that I make many pasta salads. I do this for a couple reasons. A) It's soccer season & we are busy & on the go & often have to come home at 7:30pm & I need dinner READY N.O.W.!! B) My fall/winter READY N.O.W. dishes don't sound as good this warm time of year, i.e. soups, casseroles, crockpot meals.

  Here is what I made last night. 2 pounds of macaroni (cooked in generously salted water) EVOO (as much as you like/need/want) Lemon Juice (see above EVOO) Real Bacon Bits or Crumbled bacon (the key is REAL (fabulous) not fake) again, whatever sounds good to you. Fresh Basil ( big handful, chopped) Fresh Cherry Tomatoes (or grape) 1 large container Fresh spinach (approx 5 ounces, chopped finely) Mozzerella cheese (would have loved to use buffalo mozzerella, but all I had was shredded regular) Parmesan Reggiano (shredded) Salt & pepper to taste So YUMMY... Yummy... yummy. This was eaten last night in the van at baseball practice. Yep, it is that time of year. So glad there were leftovers for today. BTW, pasta salads are super easy meal ideas for us on-the-go parents. You can pretty much add anything that sounds good. On Friday night, I made one that was more southwestern. It included the following: fresh cilantro, EVOO, lime juice, tomatoes, black olives, avocado, cheddar cheese (it needed some grilled chicken, but I didn't have any).

  Pretty much, anything I put in a pasta salad, the kids will eat. and it's easy. so that is a WIN/WIN....

No comments:

Post a Comment