Friday, December 12, 2014

Christmas Traditions: The Annual Ornament

Do you have many Christmas traditions?

It's my most favorite time of the year because of the rich traditions celebrated by my friends and family. 

One fun tradition is the annual ornament for each of my children.  I actually started doing this when I was merely an aunt.  My nieces and nephew were able to benefit from this fabulous idea and the fact that I was not yet a mom.

When my own children started to arrive, I was thrilled at the prospect of continuing the tradition with them. 

My five children have the following themes for ornaments:  #1 is planes, #2 is trains, #3 is rocking horses, #4 is birds, and #5 is Santas.

Some years I will buy them an additional ornament if they are particularly interested in something like a superhero or a Disney princess. 

A couple years ago, I changed the tradition just a bit by starting to give them their ornaments on St. Nicholas Day. 

The past two Christmas seasons have been tough due to the loss of my oldest child.  One thing I will always do though is buy his annual airplane.  He'll always be a part of our traditions.



No comments:

Post a Comment