Monday, May 14, 2012

Potato Salad that the Kids LOVED

I have this recipe for Croatian Potato Salad that I have made a few times (again, recipe in Jill-speak is not an actual “recipe”…. but a method & throw together of ingredients). I went to make it yesterday & realized I was missing my key ingredient: BACON! So I had to improvise. I ended up making something that the kids were oohing & ahhing over… they have NEVER been that excited over potato salad…. So I must remember this.

Here’s my starting recipe for Croatian Potato Salad:
  • Potatoes (peeled, cooked, cooled)
  • EVOO
  • Lemon Juice
  • Big Bunch of Fresh Italian Parsley, chopped
  • Approx 5 green onions, chopped
  • Bacon Crumbled
  • Salt, Pepper

  • Ok, so that is YUMMY. What is not  when it has bacon in it???? However, due to the no bacon, here is what I did instead:

  • Potatoes (peeled, cooked, cooled)
  • EVOO
  • Lemon Juice
  • Fresh Italian Parsley
  • Green Onions
  • Grape Tomatoes
  • Shredded Parmagian Cheese
  • Salt &pepper
  • It truly was a delicious modification & man, I do wish I had some leftovers today. I always have leftovers of potato salad… today I do not. That shows you how much the kids liked it!!!
3

No comments:

Post a Comment