Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Salad, slaw, taco stuff.... Whatever you call it, it's DELICIOUS!

When I make fish tacos or pork tacos, I like to use a slaw-ish mixture for the toppings instead of lettuce.  My kids all love it as just a "salad" and we always run out of it.  I'm always happily amazed when they are begging for more of something healthy like this. 

Approx.  1/2 bag shredded carrots
1 bag shredded cabbage
1 bunch fresh cilantro chopped
onions OR green onions chopped (to taste, depends how onion-y you like things)
fresh tomatoes, chopped.  I prefer to use cherry tomatoes, but any tomato works
Avocado
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Lime Juice
chili powder (just a teeny dash)
salt & pepper to taste
fresh jalepeno pepper (optional)

When I had Miss Baby Ella, someone brought me a meal that included some spicy slaw that was similar to this.  It had a little bit of creaminess though.  I seriously need to get that recipe.  Writing this post just reminded me of that.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment