Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Why Do We always Break Things?

Recently, I wrote a post about how my house is like the Bermuda Triangle. Things get lost often. Another annoying thing about my house is the way this seem to be broken.... often. There are always cups, bowls, plates, etc that end up breaking. It is not even always the fault of my children, though most of the time it is.

About two weeks ago, I broke our new beer mug and a favorite bowl of mine because I was trying to move a cutting mat. I had no idea that it was touching something that was touching something that was touching something. It was like a house of cards that all came tumbling down.

Tonight, my daughter was attempting to reach a plate which was beneath a mug in a cabinet. The mug and plate proceeded to fall to the countertop and landed, along with a whole stack of other plates, atop a glass measuring cup and wine glasses. Needless to say, glass shattered. A mess spread everywhere.

Why does it seem that we break EVERYTHING?

This post was originally posted on Bubblews by me on June 20, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment