Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Yummy Summer ALMOST non-cooked Meal



One of these days..... PICTURES.... pictures of these most AWESOME meals....  tonight's was wonderful... absolutely WONDERFUL! 

Title of the meal?????  Black Bean & Corn Tacos....

Let me point something out... I didn't want to cook tonight.  and I didn't want to use meat tonight.  I went to Trader Joe's today & spent a little too much $$ & need to stretch out the food I have for a few days before a bigger shopping trip.  I really, really, really have to be more frugal on the grocery shopping.  Problem is, I love food.  I truly am a foodie.  I dont' get to enjoy the foodiehood of my foodieness because a) we can't afford to go out to eat much  and b) i have the world's most crappy kitchen.  No really.... ask any of my friends or family to verify that fact... it is the crappiest of crappy kitchens....  But.... at heart....  I - am- a- FOODIE!!!!!

Ok, so back to tonight's surprising D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S meal...

black bean & corn tacos

Numero uno:  the black bean part of the tacos.... 
 1) 1 can of black beans (rinsed),
 2)  approx half a bag of frozen corn
 3) 1 lime juiced onto the corn & beans
 4)  chili powder
  5)  salt & pepper 
  6)  garlic 
heat in microwave

Numero dos:  the salad
  1) bag of butter lettuces/radiccio mix
  2) olive oil (to taste)
  3) mango  approx 1 cup chopped
  4)  salt & pepper
  5)  wanted cilantro, but hubby had to work late... so did without

Numero tres:  the salsa
  1) this is a cheat here....  trader joe's has this fresh salsa in the refridgerated section that is so yummy & for the large "party" size it is around $4.50. 

Number quatro:  the guacamole
  1)  well... i bought avocados today & they looked dark... I thought they were ready....  but when I touched them, they were still too firm.  Note too all those of you who are NOT accustomed to purchasing & using avocados.... they should be dark & slightly soft to the touch.  so........
  2)  thankfully, I had some Wholly Guacamole in the fridge (actually the aldi brand of it) which is made from real avocados....  but still not the same.  So I took that bag of guac & dumped it in a bowl... then...
   3)  I added some of the fresh TJ's salsa to it.  Yum. 

Numero cinco:  the final product....
1) since this was meant to be NO cook, I did not want to turn on the oven... so I cheated.  I took a taco, stuffed it with the beans/corn, put a little shredded cheese on it & microwaved it a little.  then added all the goodies...

Oh it was yummy.... and I am sittin ghere hoping when DH decides to eat, that there will still be some left.  for lunch.  tomorrow.  wonderful. 

1 comment:

  1. This makes me miss lime juice & avocados because it sounds great!

    ReplyDelete